"Learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow."-Isaiah 1:17

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sent in Application

So earlier this week I officially sent in our application and beginning paperwork to our agency along with a copy of it in an email. We already hit our first "bump". There were 5 pieces of paper that we needed to get notarized, however, not a single notary would accept my Power of Attorney to notarize me signing for my husband. So I had my signature notarized and my husband had his signature notarized by someone in Afghanistan and emailed it to our agency. The Ethiopian director is currently on vacation so I won't hear from her until Feb 7th as to what is the next step. I trust that it will all work out in the end with the move and everything coming up this summer. Next round will most likely involved tracking down certified copies of tons of stuff. I'll keep you updated!

3 comments:

  1. Dena, I am so excited for you! Adoption is one of the most amazing things a couple will ever undertake together. Landon and I look back on Lyra's adoption with so much wonder and hapiness. Now that she's home, she's lost her orphan status. She's not "adopted" anymore, she's just a Kissack so I feel like we need to go and do it again because every life adopted is a life changed. And guess what country I've been thinking about...Ethiopia! LOL! Anyway, we'll see how it goes. At any rate, I'm excited for you.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited too!!! I know it will be a long process until we bring her home but I look forward to going through it all as I know it will be so worth it in the end! So is Landon up for another one then as well? That would be so awesome!! Frank says we are done....but he said that a few kids ago too :) I truly would love 20 kids...hehe! By the way, I've wondered now where you got your daughters' names from. I have never heard them before! Maybe we will meet up again...as it is possible with us moving to VA this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Landon has said "we're done" 4 times now. LOL! He's not up for another one yet but I'm praying. I'd like to get a sibling group.

    The girls names are both Greek. Lyra means "song" or "music" and Karys is a misspelled Charis which means "Grace of God". We didn't want to spell it with a Ch because everyone would have pronounced the Ch as a hard sound instead of the K sound it's supposed to be. Anyway, Lyra told us "you have a baby girl in your tummy and her name is Karys" when I was 3 months preggy so that's where Karys came from.

    ReplyDelete