"Learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow."-Isaiah 1:17

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Social Worker Visit

I have been so busy lately with the hubby finally home after his long deployment that I haven't been blogging. So here is an update: This past week we had our first visit with our social worker to work on our homestudy. She didn't need to look around the house at all since we are moving, as that will be done later in our final place. She was very nice and the visit went well. She complimented us on how well behaved and patient the kids were :) She will be back this week and a few more times to finish it all up.

A small hiccup has been getting my passport. Apparently my birth certificate was filed late and they won't accept it in order to get my passport. I now have to contact my hospital of birth and old elementary schools to track down records of my birth. Considering that this is all in PA and I am far from there, this should be interesting. I guess my birth certificate was never filed my my mom and dad originally. My aunt and uncle (whom I call my parents, since they raised me) filed it as I was entering school. It is frustrating but hopefully I can get it all worked out soon.

That is about it. As for fundraising goes, we are not sure how to go about that since we are moving and will be living temporarily in VA for a few months and move again. Hoping to come up with an idea on that one to help out financially.

No comments:

Post a Comment