"Learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow."-Isaiah 1:17

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Our first fundraiser outcome

I held a Mary Kay party to help my friend jumpstart her business and also to earn money for our adoption. I didn't want any products as a hostess so she is just giving me what I would've earned in product...as cash :) I'm happy to report that we made about $40 in profit to go towards bringing Selah home! I'm hoping to do more fundraising to raise these funds considering that this is not a cheap route. We've already dumped about $3,000 into the adoption, and that has been the past 2 weeks! It can be a little worrisome not knowing where all the money will come from as it is due, but I take comfort in believing that God will provide as this is His calling for us....we are His servants, obeying Him to do His will. And what a precious calling it is to love one of the least of these children as our own!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on completing your first fundraiser! I know the numbers can be so overwhelming. Every penny helps though. I truly believe that God funds his purpose and calling...and we know the orphan is his heart!

    That is so sweet about your boys. I love how innocent and pure kids' hearts are!

    We are just waiting on our USCIS fingerprints and then will be ready to submit our dossier! I can't wait to be an official waiting family!

    P.S. Love the name Selah! I knew a girl in college with that name and have loved it ever since. Unfortunately it doesn't work with our last name! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did hear the news... and my heart and mind have been on an emotional rollercoaster ever since. I'm really trying to trust and hold onto hope. I'm anxious for a confirmed report and a confirmation about what is or is not changing!

    ReplyDelete